Friday, February 4, 2011

Don't Do Anything Stupid

The very first time the Elliss family ever had our own family testimony meeting was when Jordan returned from his mission and sat everyone down for a "real" Family Home Evening (as opposed to just reading a chapter in the Book of Mormon and saying a prayer on the refreshments). Jordan spoke first with the passion of a pure elder, fresh from the mission field. Mom spoke next, her words and her voice reminding me yet again of what wonderful and strong woman she is. Dad spoke last. He bore witness of the truthfulness of the gospel and ended with an admonishment to "Don't Do Anything Stupid!". We kids decided to adopt that as our family motto. Justin put together a great graphic coat of arms that I put into the cookbook that I wrote of our collected pictures and memories of food.

I am adopting that motto for my blog. This being my second attempt at a blog, I think I needed the reminder. I wanted to show off the cool design that Justin did, but for some reason I can't cut and paste into this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment