This is the only true time of quiet and since Steve has resigned himself to letting me write un-interrupted, I will spill the beans.
I, who profess a passion for all things music, crave silence more than chocolate......more than air even. Even right now, the soft hum of my laptop is annoying and the sounds of people around us interrupt my train of thought. I was always the nerdy kid who could not concentrate with caos around me. I have never understood the students who crank up their tunes and rock out while doing homework. The ice maker just distracted me and I can now hear Steve predicting a stock market collapse tomorrow. The market is a rollar coaster that I don't trust and I will be soooooo happy when we finally yank our funds out. So, what was I writing about? Oh, yes, the absence of silence in my life.
Katrina already claimed the willow tree in our new front yard to be her very own quiet place. She had staked out her territory as the rest were tearing around in search of a tree house tree. Not my anne-girl. She stood slightly swaying with the wind, listening to the soft rustle of the tender branches, humming to herself. She told me it was her magical place she had always wanted, a soft and secret hideout to sing to herself in. She asked me for a special bench to place there.
I will have to find my own spot there, as she has claimed already the solace I am constantly seeking.
But I do know this........with 10 acres to roam in, I WILL find my quiet place and I will plant some flowers there and also a lemon balm plant.
No comments:
Post a Comment