So I must be more egotistical than even I thought:)
Some ward members today were shocked (?), shocked, I tell you that we are moving. I thought for sure that the gossip line would have received the updates from FACEBOOK, but I guess that most people actually have more important things to do than follow my drama on the internet..........and since there is no Mrs. Rachel Lynde in my world, I suspect that I may actually have to tell a few people that I am moving FOR REAL THIS TIME. Its probably just a case of the little-boy-who-cried-"I am moving soon".
So, here it is: We are moving! sort-of. We didn't really intend for this to be our last Sunday in our ward here, it just happened, and we are going to go with it.....
Steve called the ward clerk in Warrensburg this morning to get the ball rolling on having our records transfered there. We are super excited to go there because of the awesome experience we had when we went there last year (hoping at the time that we had found the right place but it was not to be). The ward had been so friendly that we had been invited to a baptism following the block meetings and then stayed longer for socializing and dinner. We met quite a few people who all were so friendly that the girls were emotional on the way home and sad to be leaving. Do we think it will be fun to be there? You betcha! Well, with all the improvements on the LDS website features, the records were actually requested in cyberspace and transferred within 10 minutes. How do we know it worked? Steve tried to log into our ward and stake calendar and couldn't get in. Wow for progress!
Yesterday we drove out to our green acres homestead and some neighbors showed up to check us out. Our property sits less than a mile off Hwy 13 and folks around there pretty much know what is going on just by watching the dust rise on the gravel road. Wes and Tawnya invited us to their annual October hayride and barbeque and got the girls super hyper about riding their horses. Lets just say we can't get there fast enough.
However, here is the part where we are only sort-of moving:
The closing date for our property is nebullous, the bank has assured us that we will close on or before the 20th of October. Once we have the keys to the place we have the beginning of a renovators dream (nightmare or otherwise). We have work to do on the interior, exterior, septic and HVAC systems and a few more things before we can actually move in. Sooooooo, the date we move will depend on how soon we can get a few hundred things done in between Steve's work and the fun school activities the girls have at shoal creek. Our goal is to have things liveable by the end of the month and start the girls in their new school the first week of November. As with all goals, we will see what happens.....
No comments:
Post a Comment