Friday, January 27, 2012

on gray days

It must be January. I know that God gives man weaknesses to have something to work on to keep him busy....or something like that, so I know that my gray-itis is just one of those blessings I need to work with to appreciate. So I thought I'd complain a bit.
But today is more than that. It is past noon and I am still in pajamas, still working up the gumption to do more than is absolutely necessary. Get the kids moving and out the door to school-check. Feed, hug, tickle and chase the rapscallions around until lunch-check. Fight with rapscallion #2 till he takes a nap- check. Bribe rapscallion #1 to be quiet with a movie- check. Wonder if I'll have the ambition to actually finish any projects around the house..............well I am wondering and no matter how many times I check, I am still in sluggish-wish-there-was-sunshine-I-need-to-run-in-warmth depressive blech.
Even knowing that my mood is a challenge to overcome does not improve the mood. It only forces my feet to move to put on shoes and straighten up the kitchen. I know that in an hour or so my peace and quiet will be gone, as the movie will be over. Steve will return home, see that no progress on anything has been made and sigh. The girls will come bounding through the door and Kimberly will be nearly exploding to use the bathroom as I help her out of her coat and backpack. and I will let the energy, passion and noise of my kiddos cover up the grayness of winter and be grateful they are here. What does one do to get through the gray once they grow up and move away?

No comments:

Post a Comment