Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Reeling from the shock

yup, its been almost a full month since we bought the Green Acres. Every day I accomplish more than I did in a week back at the town home and yet go to sleep thinking, "wow, I wish I had enough energy to finish____".
Things that I am thankful for include:
the new garbage disposal Steve installed last night.
The new gas line he installed.
The new water heater he installed. Not to mention the new wiring he installed to be able to install the water heater.
The new plumbing that Steve has installed to fix all the plumbing leaks........
(hint: most of the things I am thankful for right now involve hot water, sewage treatment and indoor plumbing......all things that I took for granted a month or so ago)

I am also thankful for kitchen appliances! I am thankful for a dryer that SINGS to me, yes, it sings happy songs to me to let me know what is going on. Whoever designed that sweet feature had my heart in mind. It sings when I turn it on, when I open the door, when I close the door, when it starts the cycles, when it finishes, and when I say goodbye. It is the only music in my house other than the noise I make myself or the girls make (or Johnny, he has a sweet little singing voice now:))

I am thankful for the furnace that we are able to limp along for one last season. We sorta knew that it might not make it when we put in our offer but we did not know how expensive they are to replace. good times.

I am thankful for the vacuums that I have ruined sucking up all the Halloweenish spider webs here.

I am thankful for sweet sisters in my new ward who, despite the extreme turnover rate of their membership due to military postings and university populations, still try to contact each of the 600+ members in our ward. I am also thankful for a breath of fresh air, a change in culture in which perfection in appearances and hobbies are not the norm.

I am thankful most every day and most of all for the man who frustrates me more than anyone can imagine and yet still loves me and I love. Every home needs a Steve. He insists on doing things the right way. This has hampered my unpacking efforts. We have a kitchen and not much else. Oh well, like Bob always says, Baby steps can change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment