The joke between my friend Carrie and I is that I only dress up when I run out of clean laundry, and then its pretty ritzy. this was the night of the Opera and alas, I had no clean appropriate clothes to wear. Out comes the cinderella dress complete with the "glass slippers'. This size 9 prom dress was purchased over 3 years ago on clearancence at JC Penneys. I finally can fit into it. The girls enjoyed dolling me up and posing for pics with mama. then they tearfully bid me well, all the time asking why they couldn't come with me to the opera (after all they are all about singing at the top of their lungs.........after many explanations about opera's not being fun for little girls and not really an audience participation sport, I finally just ran out the door and down the street!)
The hot mama part comes after the opera in which we visited the only hopping joint in Liberty open past 11 pm on a Friday night. Applebees! I walked in the door and immediately impressed a very drunk youngish looking guy who volunteered to seat us, take our order and facilitate a very good evening. After the waitress took charge and took Romeo back to his table, we did have a great time! part II of this episode was the next day in which I saw the same guy with his friends in baseball uniforms crossing the street near Aldis. Half the team was actually there in the store while I shopped. I am quite certain none of them remembered his charming conversation from the night before, but i laughed myself silly getting back into the van and reading the logo on their bus; they were from a private Christian College and very much mostly underage. Ha Ha- I'd say I still got it, but I never had it. However, it is fun to finally fit into a pretty dress again!

Awesome Joci! I went through a period of having to buy all new clothes because my old ones were too big.
ReplyDelete